Friday, October 21, 2011

So many projects and not enough time!

 Man, it is so easy to get consumed with a million and one projects and get nothing done!  I have yet to make a finished quilt.  I have the top done, but I didn't have a pattern to follow and since I have never had a class or anything, it looks a bit wonky.  People are doing wonky quilts on purpose so no one will ever know, right?  My goal is to complete said quilt and a few other projects before the end of the year, but at the rate the months are flying by i'll be happy with one finished quilt!  I found a really cool quilt block on Sew Mama Sew 
(Modern Block of the Month) and made a few of them.  I really had a blast putting this block together. I really think a whole quilt out of this block would be so fun.


Same colors as the tutorial
I really like the contrast on this one




I'm also doing the Rose of Sharon block of the month.  A very pretty appliqué quilt and pretty advanced. 


I thought, "Oh sure, one block a month, no problem!!"  Thinking and doing are two different things with my two little rugrats tearing up jake on a daily basis.  But, I am going to do it.  It may take me many months to finish one block, but I'm going to finish.  Has anyone finished this quilt or currently working one like it? 




2 comments:

  1. The Rose of Sharon quilt is beautiful. I really like your black block too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know it has been fun getting all the fabric. The whole block is appliquéd, so it's been hard with my little boys wanting to get their hands in all the pieces. Thanks Angie!

    ReplyDelete