Thursday, February 23, 2012

It's Been A While!

I have not been on vacation and I have not abandoned ship. I have been taking care of some sickly babies!! For the past few weeks it has been tough. My youngest some how picked up the dreaded pink eye, an ear infection and some horrible wheezing in his chest. He had to take eye drops three times a day. Have you ever tried to give a three year old eye drops? It was like trying to put a dress on a wild boar! It took both my honey and I to hold him down and quickly drop them in. So he had to have that, antibiotics to clear up the ear infection and breathing treatments every day for ten days. It was not fun, oh did I forget to mention that both my husband and myself were delighted to find out that we both got pink eye as well!!! I have never had it and don't ever want it again. Some how my oldest didn't get it, praise the Lord! He did however get a little under the weather during all this. I hope I haven't put you to sleep with my excitement, but that has been my life for the past few weeks. 
Now onto some fun things and boy do I have some fun things to share! I bought my plane ticket yesterday for the Sewing Summit!!!


I'm going with several of the ladies from our 
Fort Worth Modern Quilt Guild. We are super excited!!
Also I'm sure you have heard about Quilt Con.


 I'm so excited that it's going to be in Austin, TX. We can actually drive to this one! It's going to be awesome. It's next February so you have plenty of time to plan for it. 

I was able to get a few of my Farmers blocks done yesterday. 

This is Block #8 Bouquet
I need to get some better lighting. The dark triangles are a really pretty purple.


This is Block #9 Box
 I thought, this one will be so easy blah, blah, blah, blah, blah. Well, I couldn't get my points to match up and it ended up all wonky and misshapen. I must have somehow stretched the bias edges or something, I don't know. I wanted to show it anyways, but I will be redoing it tomorrow.


Next we have Block #10 Bowtie


And lastly we have #11 Broken Dishes 
This one was a lot of fun to do!



I really love doing the Farmer's Wife Quilt and can't wait to do more. Sorry for such a long post and I hope you are all having a fabulous day!



8 comments:

  1. Yea for Sewing Summit (I'm hoping!) and sure hope everyone is feeling better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your blocks are looking great! So sorry to hear about your struggles of the past few weeks...there's nothing like sickness to bring life to a standstill. With seven in our house (my husband & I, the girls, and my parents), any time one person gets sick, it immediately spreads like the plague and we deal with it for an entire month. Praying that your home will be a healthy one soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry you were taking care of sick ones! I hope everyone gets well soon.
    Love those blocks!
    BTW, I just awarded you the Liebster award. Check out my blog to find out more!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the wild boar analogy. I've been there multiple times and getting those eye drops in is nearly impossible. So excited for Sewing Summit and QuiltCon as well. I'm heading to both and can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i look forward to meeting you in Austin!,but not sewing summit :( unfortunately it coincides with a trip to home to Australia. I have my school reunion and of course friends and family to see!!.
    Sorry to hear about all the sickness!, i know how you feel my husband and i both had to hold down our baby girl to put saline drops in her nose so she could breathe when she had her first cold!.terrible!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am sooooo planing on living in Austin by next February and then we could all meet at the QuiltCon. (I didnt know you live in Fort Worth.) I am so excited!!!
    Hope you all are going to recover completely soon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your farmer's wife blocks. They are so bright! Your sewing summit trip sounds like it will be great fun.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my goodness, I can soooo relate to the whole pink eye thing!!! It went through my whole family of four, going round and round to each of us more than once, for a whole month a couple of years ago. It.was.miserable!! Constant hand-washing, constant sanitizing, limiting which toys the kids could play with, and yes, holding down my kids (who were 1 and 3 at the time, I think). We had to hold my son down for different eye drops last fall, and I think he was even worse this time at 5 years old.
    So jealous you are going to Sewing Summit! I'm hoping to save enough to attend Quiltcon next year; maybe I'll get to meet you! :)

    ReplyDelete