Sunday, July 29, 2012

My Challenge Block for our Guild Meeting.

                             

We had a very fun challenge at The Fort Worth Modern Quilt Guild Meeting this month. We all received a fat quarter of the focus fabric and were allowed to use up to three solids. The block had to end up being 12 1/2" X 12 1/2".  This was a lot of fun, because you didn't know what everyone else was going to do.  I decided I wanted to try a block I have never done before. I started looking at Cathedral Windows online and found this awesome blog called Spotted Stone and her tutorial for them. This was such a fun thing to work on, it was like fabric origami. 





Once I got the block made, I then had to add some boarders to get it up to size. I love how it turned out. My husband said he would love a quilt made out of the windows. I'll have to add that to my ever growing list :)




You guys have a great day! 
January 

4 comments:

  1. Love your block, on the way to check out the tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's an awesome block! I might have to tackle one like that, it's pretty cool.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a gorgeous block! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It does look like fabric origami!

    ReplyDelete